User Manual - English
Please read this safety information carefully and keep this user manual for later reference.
This LED bulb is for indoor use only. Please disconnect this bulb from bulb holder before cleaning. Don‘t use liquid or spray detergent for cleaning. Drop or fall could cause injury. To install the bulb, the bulb holder must match the bulb base. Never pour any liquid onto this bulb, this could cause fire or electric shock.
Please make sure the voltage of the LED bulb is compatible with the mains electricity of your country before connecting to a bulb holder. Please keep this bulb away from humidity and follow the correct installation instructions.
LIFX® LED bulbs work without damage or functional issues when used on a dimmer circuit with the dimmer set to maximum. If the dimmer is set lower than maximum, the power supply control provides protection. When using a dimmer circuit we recommend keeping the dimmer set to maximum, to provide the most efficient power to the lamp.
For the GU10 downlight please ensure the bulb is used in a VERTICAL MOUNTING POSITION ONLY.
LIFX® is an Internet-connected, Wi-Fi enabled, energy efficient LED light bulb that you control with your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. With the LIFX® app you can switch bulbs on and off, dim, adjust brightness and color, set different scenes and set wake up and sleep timers. You can control individual bulbs, rooms, or the entire house with the app. LIFX® still functions like a normal light bulb by switching on and off at a regular light switch.
QUICK SET UP
To run LIFX® it is essential you have:
- A device running iOS 8.0+, Android 4.0+ or Windows 10
- A Wi-Fi Internet connection (Wi-Fi access point must be 802.11b, g or n compliant with WPA2 security and a DHCP-configured connection available for every connected LIFX® bulb.)
Do not dispose of electrical appliances as unsorted municipal waste, use separate collection facilities. Contact your local government or local authority for information regarding the collection systems available. If electrical appliances are disposed of in landfills or dumps, hazardous substances can leak into the groundwater and get into the food chain, damaging your health and well being.
NEW BULB SETUP
- Download the LIFX app from: lifx.com/go
- Open the LIFX app, tap Get Started, and enter your email address to create your LIFX account.
- Place your bulb into a socket and power on.
- On the next screen tap ADD BULBS and follow the instructions in the app setup screen. - The LIFX Android app will search for and connect to the bulb‘s own Wi-Fi access point automatically. - For the LIFX iOS app, please follow the setup instructions in the following screens.
- After your phone is connected to the bulb‘s access point, the app will list all the Wi-Fi networks your bulb sees nearby.
- Select your network and tap Connect Bulb. You will be prompted to enter the password for your Wi-Fi network.
- The app will now send your Wi-Fi credentials to your bulb and then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
- The bulb will now appear in the LIFX app.
Please visit support.lifx.com if you are having trouble setting up your bulb.
After setting up your bulb it will appear in the lights list. Select the bulb and the app will take you to the bulb control screen.
If your bulb is a LIFX multi-color bulb you will have access to selector wheels for both Colors and Whites.
If your bulb is a LIFX tunable white bulb you will be presented with a Whites selector wheel.
Tap a color or white light shade on the selector wheel to set the bulb to your preferred lighting.
TIPS & TROUBLESHOOTING
The following recommendations can help your LIFX® light bulb/s achieve the best wireless range & network reception.
Best Locations for LIFX®:
- Place your LIFX® light bulb in an open area where there are few obstructions, such as large pieces of furniture or walls. Place it away from metallic surfaces.
- Avoid placing your LIFX® light bulb behind furniture or inside cabinets.
- Don‘t place your LIFX® light bulb in areas surrounded by metal surfaces on three or more sides.
- Place your LIFX® light bulb at least 25 feet (8 meters) from any microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or other source of interference.
The following items can cause interference with wireless communication:
- Microwave ovens
- Direct Satellite Service (DSS) radio frequency leakage
- The original coaxial cable that may come with a satellite dish.
- Electrical devices such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.
- Cordless telephones that operate in the 2.4 GHz range.
The farther away the interference source, the less likely it is to cause a problem.
PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS
If the LIFX® app Can’t Detect your LIFX® bulb/s:
Make sure that the device you‘re using has Wi-Fi and your LIFX® bulb is within range of your Wi-Fi access point. Check the Wi-Fi status menu on the menu bar to make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. If the LIFX® app still cannot detect your LIFX® bulb/s visit support.lifx.com for further troubleshooting and hardware reset instructions.
RESETTING A BULB
To reset an A21 or GU10 LIFX® bulb flip the reset switch on the back of the bulb to a different position than previous while the bulb is on. The bulb will flash a reset sequence of red, green, blue and white light to indicate it has reset. The bulb is now available for on-boarding to a Wi-Fi network via the app.
To reset the A19 LIFX® bulb power the bulb off and on via the light switch for a total of 5 times in a moderate rhythm. Please leave the bulb powered on for approximately 1 second before switching off for the next cycle. The bulb will flash a reset sequence to indicate it has reset. The bulb is now available for on-boarding to a Wi-Fi network via the app.
For technical support for your LIFX® please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HARDWARE COMPLIANCE, LIMITATIONS & WARNINGS
LIFX® adheres to the certification requirements for various regions around the world.
To see a full list of LIFX® certifications please go to www.lifx.com/legals to ensure LIFX® complies with the certification requirements in your region.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This Class B digital apparatus complies with CAN ICES3 (B)/NMB3 (B) This digital apparatus does not exceed the Class B limits for radio noise emissions from digital apparatus as set out in the Radio Interference Regulations of the Canadian Department of Communications. This device has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Made in China.
- THIS DEVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH EMERGENCY EXIT
- USE IN OPEN LUMINAIRE ONLY
- ADDED WEIGHT OF THE DEVICE MAY CAUSE INSTABILITY OF A FREESTANDING PORTABLE LUMINAIRE
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: this device may not cause interference, and this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
CHANGES & MODIFICATION
Changes or modifications made to this device may void certification of the device. Changes or modifications made to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user‘s authority to operate the equipment.
RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
This device should only be installed in light fittings and fixtures that are designed to accept each fitting. Lamps, fittings and fixtures that are designed to accept smaller or lower wattage light bulbs may result in the LIFX® bulb operating below its optimal capacity. For optimal performance it is recommended that LIFX® bulbs be fitted into fixtures that provide sufficient air flow through and around the bulb. It is recommended that the LIFX® bulb be installed away from other devices designed to receive or transmit radio signals. It is recommended LIFX® bulb/s be installed and operated at a minimum distance of 30 cm from the body.
LIFX® has been designed to minimise interference with other radio, broadcast or receiving devices. The manufacturer is not responsible for any interference caused as a result of modifications to the product or by failure to adhere to the “Warnings and Cautions” section of this document.
This device generates radio frequency energy and, if not installed in accordance with the “recommended installation requirements” may cause harmful interference to radio communication devices. If the device is causing radio interference it is recommended that the user try: a) relocating the device to a different place; b) adjust the antenna on the receiving device; c) consult a technician experienced in radio interference.
WARNING & CAUTIONS
LIFX® is not designed for use in:
- Enclosed fixtures that limit the flow of air and/or trap excessive amounts of heat
- Emergency exits or emergency lights
- Conjunction with 3rd party sensors/timing devices that are not approved by LIFX®
- Light fittings that incorporate dimmers not compatible with LIFX® (see support.lifx.com for a list of compatible dimmers)
- Places where there is a risk of electric shock
- Outdoor areas
- Wet or damp conditions
- Sockets that are not rated for this bulb
- Sockets that utilise a 3rd party adapter
- Excessively hot environments (e.g. close to ovens, radiators, heaters, etc.)
- Regions or countries other than that in which the product was intended for.
WHEN USING LIFX®
- Switch off the power supply to the socket and allow sufficient time for the bulb to cool before removing a LIFX® bulb from the fitting.
- Do not open device, as this will void the warranty.
- Do not place in reach of children. This device is not a toy and should not be given to children.
- Do not clean the device when it is on and or connected to the light socket.
- Regularly clean the bulbs with a soft dry cloth, do not use cleaning agents.
Please visit lifx.com/warranty