App Release 4.29.0
Having surveyed thousands of users and BETA tested with hundreds of LIFX Insiders, this is our biggest App update in years. With a focus on improving usability, revisiting some lost features from yesteryear and ensuring FX work we hope you'll enjoy this release as much as we do.
- Optimised Dashboard. Your home dashboard has been streamlined for groups that only contain 1 device and you can now easily expand and collapse groups through a more intuitive UI. Allowing you to see more on your dashboard.
- New Core Navigation. We have put the most important things in easy reach. My Groups, My Scenes, FX Library and Routines. The things you need access to the most.
- Dedicated Scenes. Scenes are super powerful and something we see people using more and more. They now have a dedicated space that you can access easily.
- Dedicated FX Library. We have rebranded effects to FX. You have been asking for updates to this for years and with a range of new products coming, we are excited to be rebuilding our FX engine from the ground up.
- FX Upgrades. Previously, some FX could only run on specific products. We now allow FX to run across all your lights no matter what type.
- Fire has been redesigned as Flame and can now run across all LIFX devices.
- Morph and Animate have been consolidated as Morph and can now run across all LIFX devices.
- Move looks best on Lightstrip and Beam, but will now extend out to all your lights. More improvements planned here.
- Move and Morph will now work when you trigger it with a single starting color. Adding small shade variations for a subtle vibe change.
- Pastels and Random both have improved setting that allow you to choose the number of colour to apply at once.